Is your favorite part of a burger the cheese, the onions or even the pickles? This wedge salad features all of the condiment-filled flavor of a burger—without the meat or bun!
- 12 slices bacon, cut into thirds
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped chives
- 2 tsp. finely chopped tarragon (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, cored and cut into 8 wedges
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pickles
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
Active time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Working in two batches, cook bacon, stirring often, until just crisp, about 5 minutes; transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, stir together mayonnaise, blue cheese, chives, tarragon (if using), and lemon juice to make a dressing.
Arrange 2 iceberg wedges on each of 4 large plates. Scatter tomatoes, pickles, onions, avocado, and bacon over the top, spoon dressing over salads, and serve.