Easy and elegant, this salmon dish is sure to liven up your next dinner party!
Servings: Makes 6 servings
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 lemon , cut into quarters, plus additional wedges for garnish
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 1 1/2 pounds salmon fillet
- 4 Mission figs
- Dill sprigs, for garnish
- 2 Mission figs
- 2 tablespoons cranberry juice or cherry juice
- 1/2 cup sour cream (reduced fat optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
To poach salmon, bring 2 cups water, wine, lemon quarters, bay leaves and peppercorns to a boil over high heat in a 12-inch skillet. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Add salmon and cover; cook 7 minutes. Remove skillet from heat and let stand, covered, 10 minutes. Transfer salmon to a platter using 2 wide spatulas, and let cool to room temperature. Chill, covered, at least 2 hours but no more than overnight.
Meanwhile, in a food processor, puree 2 figs with cranberry juice. Transfer to a small bowl and stir in sour cream, dill, salt and pepper. Chill, covered, until ready to serve. Adjust salt to taste.
Just before serving, halve 4 figs lengthwise. Using a serrated knife, cut salmon into 4 pieces. Serve salmon with sauce. Garnish with fig slices, lemon wedges and dill sprigs.
Printed from Oprah.com on May 22, 2013
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.