- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 lemon , cut into quarters, plus additional wedges for garnish
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 1 1/2 pounds salmon fillet
- 4 Mission figs
- Dill sprigs, for garnish
- 2 Mission figs
- 2 tablespoons cranberry juice or cherry juice
- 1/2 cup sour cream (reduced fat optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Meanwhile, in a food processor, puree 2 figs with cranberry juice. Transfer to a small bowl and stir in sour cream, dill, salt and pepper. Chill, covered, until ready to serve. Adjust salt to taste.
Just before serving, halve 4 figs lengthwise. Using a serrated knife, cut salmon into 4 pieces. Serve salmon with sauce. Garnish with fig slices, lemon wedges and dill sprigs.