- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 6 tablespoons cold milk
- 1 1/4 cups plus 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups halved strawberries
- 2 cups thinly sliced rhubarb
- 2 tablespoons butter , cut up
- 2 teaspoons milk
To make crust, preheat oven to 400°. Mix flour and salt. Measure oil and milk together—don't stir. Add to flour. Make crust on wax paper.
To make filling, mix sugar, flour, nutmeg and cinnamon. Add fruit, stirring to coat. Can set aside in fridge and then drain later. Note: If adding blueberry or peach, add lemon zest.
Fill crust with filling. Scatter butter. Add top crust. Pinch edges and ventilate the top. Brush with milk. Sprinkle sugar on top. Bake on cookie sheet for 50 minutes. Can cover edge with tinfoil if cooking too fast.
Allow to cool 1 hour before serving.