Cilantro and Orange Chicken Kabobs
Recipe created by Chef Charlie Trotter
January 01, 2006
Sweet, citrusy orange mixes with spicy poblano chile to give these chicken kabobs an extra kick.
Servings: Makes 4 servings
- 2 Amish chicken breasts , skin removed and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 large poblano chile , seeded and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 8 12-inch wooden skewers , soaked in water for 4 hours
- 1 orange , cut in half
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Toss all the ingredients together (except for the whole orange) and marinate for 30 minutes.
Alternate the chicken and poblano chile pieces on the wooden skewers and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Place the skewers on a pre-heated grill over a moderate flame and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until the chicken is cooked.
Season once more with salt and pepper and squeeze a fresh orange over the cooked chicken kabobs.
From the book Charlie Trotter Cooks at Home
Printed from Oprah.com on March 11, 2014
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.