- 2 Amish chicken breasts , skin removed and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 large poblano chile , seeded and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 8 12-inch wooden skewers , soaked in water for 4 hours
- 1 orange , cut in half
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Alternate the chicken and poblano chile pieces on the wooden skewers and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Place the skewers on a pre-heated grill over a moderate flame and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until the chicken is cooked.
Season once more with salt and pepper and squeeze a fresh orange over the cooked chicken kabobs.
From the book Charlie Trotter Cooks at Home