Chunky Chocolate Toffee Cookies
Recipe created by George Yates
October 26, 2009
George Yates was a two-time Best of Show winner at the 2009 State Fair of Texas. These irresistible cookies won the cookie contest.
Servings: Makes 4 1/2 dozen
- 1 cup unsalted butter , softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 5 bars (1.4 ounces each) English toffee candy , chopped
- 1 package (10 ounces) semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1 package (10 ounces) white chocolate chunks
- 1 cup toasted, chopped pecans
- 1 cup toasted, chopped almonds
Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add both sugars, beating well. Add eggs and vanilla, then beat well.
Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, stirring well. Add to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until blended. Stir in toffee candy, both chocolate chunks and both nuts.
Drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls 1 1/2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool slightly on baking sheets; remove wire racks to cool completely.
Printed from Oprah.com on December 5, 2013
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.