Servings: Serves 6
- 3/4 cup olive oil , divided
- 1 cup canned garbanzo beans , rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp. kosher salt , divided
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper , divided
- 1/8 tsp. chili powder
- 4 slices (1/4 pound) bacon
- 3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. dried basil
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic , finely chopped
- 1 small shallot , finely chopped
- 12 cherry tomatoes , halved
- 1 cucumber , preferably English, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 large head romaine lettuce , trimmed and sliced
- 1 can (15 ounces) butter beans , rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup small feta cheese cubes
- 6 Tbsp. ranch dressing
Heat 6 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Carefully add garbanzo beans and fry, stirring often, until crisp and golden, 5 to 7 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, and chili powder; set aside.
Carefully discard oil in skillet and wipe clean. Return skillet to medium heat, add bacon, and cook, turning occasionally, until crisp, 7 to 8 minutes; transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate. When cool enough to handle, crumble into small pieces.
In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, basil, oregano, garlic, shallot, and remaining 6 tablespoons oil, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper to make a dressing. Add tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, butter beans, and cheese, tossing gently to combine. Transfer to bowls, drizzle ranch dressing over the top, garnish with bacon and garbanzo beans, and serve.