Servings: Serves 6
- 1 cup (2 sticks) softened butter (don't toss the wrappers)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned or rolled oats
- 1/2 cup Grape-Nuts cereal
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 bag (12 ounces) dark chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 375°F (if you want them really crispy, jack up the oven to 400°F). Use the butter wrappers to grease 2 cookie sheets. Combine the flour, oats, cereal, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
In a second, large bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Gradually stir flour mixture into the butter-sugar mixture. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop batter by rounded tablespoons, not teaspoons (I like to use a small ice cream scoop), about 2 inches apart onto prepared pans. Bake until light golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Use a spatula to remove cookies to a wire rack to cool.