Chocolate, Banana and Peanut Butter Smoothie
Recipe from Bob Greene's Best Life Diet
January 12, 2009
Love chocolate? Start your day off with a small amount of the indulgent treat in this healthy and filling smoothie.
Servings: Serves 1
- 1 large banana (Option: Use a frozen banana. To freeze, peel the banana, chop in quarters, wrap in plastic wrap or plastic bag and freeze.)
- 1 cup vanilla soy milk , such as Silk Vanilla Plus Fiber
- 3 Tbsp. pasteurized liquid egg whites , such as AllWhites
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. chunky peanut butter , such as Smart Balance
- 1 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. cocoa powder , such as Hershey's Natural Cocoa
Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth, about 2 minutes.
Chocolate, Banana, and Peanut Butter Smoothie was adapted from The Best Life Diet, revised and updated by Bob Greene, published by Simon & Schuster. © 2009. Used by permission.
Per serving, about: calories: 413; protein: 16 g; carbohydrate: 53 g; dietary fiber: 9 g; sugars: 28 g; total fat: 19 g; saturated fat: 3 g; cholesterol: 0 mg; calcium: 391 mg; sodium: 204 mg
Printed from Oprah.com on December 8, 2013
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.