- 2 large chipotle chiles in adobo, minced, plus 1 Tbsp. adobo sauce
- 2 medium shallots, minced
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 1¼ pounds boneless turkey breast, cut into 2" pieces
- 2 orange bell peppers, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 20 shiitake mushrooms (about ½ pound), stemmed
- 16 fresh bay leaves (optional)
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
DirectionsActive time: 25 minutes
Total time: 3 1/2 hours, including marinating
Soak 8 (8") wooden skewers in water 15 to 30 minutes. (You can also use metal skewers.) In a large bowl, combine chipotles and adobo sauce, shallots, mustard, and 1 tsp. oil. Add turkey pieces and coat well. Cover and refrigerate 3 hours.
Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Thread turkey pieces, bell peppers, mushrooms, and bay leaves (if using) onto skewers, alternating among them. Drizzle kebabs with remaining 1 Tbsp. oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill kebabs until marks appear, about 8 minutes. Continue grilling, turning, until turkey is cooked and vegetables are just tender, about 8 minutes more. Transfer to plates and serve.
More Grilling Recipes