Servings: Serves 10
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 ' ' whole boneless skinless chicken breast
- 5 to 7 large leaves of Napa cabbage , shredded
- 1 red bell pepper , sliced into 1" strips
- 4 scallions , thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 3 heads Boston lettuce , leaves separated
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
In a blender, emulsify vinegar, both oils, honey, mustard, soy sauce and salt.
Place chicken in a pot of cold water and bring to a boil. Turn down heat and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat, cover and let stand 10 minutes. Remove chicken from pot and cool.
Shred the chicken and place it in a bowl with cabbage, bell pepper, scallions and cilantro. Toss with emulsified dressing. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
To serve, spoon 2 tablespoons of chicken salad into each lettuce leaf. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.