- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion , sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper , sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper , sliced
- 1 red bell pepper , sliced
- 4 cloves garlic , finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped jalapeno
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup bottled or frozen clam juice
- 1 can (28 ounces) whole tomatoes in juice
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 lime , juiced, plus 2 limes, quartered
- 2 pounds Chilean sea bass , cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 pound medium shrimp , peeled
- 1 cup whole cilantro leaves , chopped
- 4 scallions , chopped
- Corn or flour tortillas , warmed
Add the sea bass and the shrimp and continue cooking 5 minutes, until the shrimp are opaque. Remove from heat, discard the bay leaf, and stir in the cilantro and scallions. Serve with lime wedges and tortillas.
Sparkling limeade—Thinly slice 2 limes and crush them with 3 tablespoons sugar (using a fork) in a pitcher. Mix with sparkling water (about 1 liter).
Simple cheese course— Set out a plate of 3 cheeses, such as a mild sheep's milk (manchego), an aged goat cheese (Humboldt Fog or Coach Farm), and a sharp cow's milk (Tetilla or Stilton), with store-bought flatbread.