This recipe is made from ingredients featured in The Great Pantry Makeover .
- 1 1/2 tsp. cumin seeds
- 3 Tbsp. sherry vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas , rinsed well and drained
- 2 cups julienned carrot
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 3/4 cup pitted black olives , halved
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
To make salad: Combine chickpeas, carrot, celery, olives, raisins, chives, and cilantro in a large bowl. Add 1/4 cup vinaigrette and mix well to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.