- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons medium onions , coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon red hot pepper sauce
- 1 large portabella mushroom , sliced french fry size
- 1/4 cup parsley , chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper , cut in 1/4-inch strips
- 2 small jalepeno peppers , minced
- 4 large skinless, boneless chicken breasts , cut in half
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 whole ripe tomatoes , cut into eights, squeezed to remove seeds and excess juice
Heat a 12-inch skillet; add oil. When heated, add green pepper, onion, garlic and jalapeno peppers. Sauté 6–7 minutes over medium heat. When crisp-tender, remove ingredients; set aside.
Add chicken and cook 4–5 minutes each side. Return vegetables to skillet. Add cumin, chili powder, orange juice, vinegar, oregano, salt and red hot pepper sauce. Cook 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, mushroom and parsley. Cook 5 minutes.
To serve, arrange chicken on platter garnished with cooked vegetables. Accompany with rice, green salad and Chianti wine.