On a cold winter evening, this spicy sausage dish, flavored with sharp mustard, is sure to heat things up!
Servings: Makes 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small leeks , trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 small head green cabbage , thinly sliced
- 1 bulb fennel , thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons yellow mustard seeds
- 1/2 cup Riesling wine
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 chicken sausages
- Whole grain mustard , as needed
In a large skillet, heat olive oil over a medium-high flame. Add leeks and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add cabbage, fennel, and mustard seeds; cook, stirring, until vegetables are wilted, 10 minutes. Add wine, honey, vinegar, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; cook until liquid has reduced, about 3 minutes. Toss with cilantro.
Meanwhile, pierce sausages with a pairing knife. Grill or pan sear, until charred on all sides and just cooked through, about 15 minutes. Serve sausages with slaw and whole grain mustard.
282 calories, 17.2 grams fat, 4.8 grams saturated fat, 19 mg of cholesterol, 244 mg sodium, 24.4 grams carbohydrate, 5.65 grams fiber, 7.3 grams protein
Printed from Oprah.com on March 12, 2014
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.