Chicken Salad Sandwich
- 2 cups chicken breasts , diced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. scallions , finely chopped
- 2 tsp. parsley , finely chopped
- 4 fresh basil leaves , finely chopped
- 2 tsp. jalapeño , finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. celery , finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon
- 6 slices seven-grain bread or 6 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 medium tomatoes , sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 lemon , cut in half
- A pinch of kosher salt
Cut the tomatoes in 1/4-inch slices.
Toast 4 slices of the bread.
Spread 1/3 of a cup of chicken salad over toast and top it with four slices of tomato, a pinch of kosher salt and pepper.
Peel and seed the avocado, slice thin, squeeze lemon juice on both sides to keep it from turning brown. Add it to the sandwich.
Optional: Slice the jalepeño and add it to the sandwich.
You can serve this chicken salad in a pita pocket or on rye, sourdough or toasted ciabatta bread!