- 1 head of broccoli, cut into florets, or 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, defrosted and drained well
- 1 (3-pound) roasted chicken, boned and shredded
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces Gruyère cheese, grated (2 cups)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. curry powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (4.5-ounce) package prepared crêpes (10 crêpes), or homemade
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese (4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
If working with fresh broccoli, steam the florets for 3 to 5 minutes. Drain well and put broccoli into a large mixing bowl. Add the chicken to the bowl, stir well, and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the soup, cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, wine, lemon juice, curry powder, salt, and pepper. Add half the soup mixture to the broccoli and chicken and stir well.
Lay the crêpes on a cutting board. Divide the chicken filling among the 10 crêpes, then roll them up. Lightly coat two 9 x 13-inch casserole dishes with cooking spray. Divide the crêpes between the two casserole dishes, placing the crêpes seam side down. Spread the remaining soup mixture over the crêpes. Combine the Parmesan, bread crumbs, and butter in a small bowl, and sprinkle over the tops of the crêpes. Bake until bubbly, 25 to 30 minutes.
Reprinted with permission from
The Casserole Queens Cookbook by Crystal Cook and Sandy Pollock, copyright © 2011. Published by Clarkson Potter/Publishers, an imprint of the Crown Publishing Group, a division of Random House, Inc.