- 12 ounces ground turkey breast
- 4 low-carb tortillas , such as La Tortilla Factory (9 inches each)
- 2/3 cup fat-free spicy black bean dip , such as Desert Pepper Trading Company
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 jar (12 ounces) tomatillo salsa , such as Ortega
- 1 cup reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend , such as Weight Watchers
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Heat a large nonstick saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the ground turkey and cook, stirring to break it up a little, until it is just cooked through, about 4 minutes.
Meanwhile, using flameproof tongs, char the tortillas lightly on each side over an open flame, or toast them under a preheated broiler. Keep the tortillas warm by covering them with a clean kitchen towel as you go.
Stir the black bean dip into the turkey. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Lay the tortillas on a work surface, and divide the turkey mixture among them. Fold the sides of the tortillas in over the filling and roll the tortillas up tightly to encase the filling. Lay them side by-side in a 9x13-inch baking dish.
Spoon the salsa over the tortillas, and sprinkle with the cheese. Bake until the cheese is bubbly and the enchiladas are hot throughout, 10 to 12 minutes.
Sprinkle the cilantro over the enchiladas, and serve.
After: 9.9g fat, 314 calories
38g protein, 32g carbohydrates, 59mg cholesterol, 18g fiber, 1,382mg sodium