Serves 4 to 6
- 1/2 pound applewood smoked bacon
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-2 Tbsp. hot sauce
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 4 cups steamed white rice
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Render bacon, drain and set aside. Reserve 2 tablespoons bacon drippings.
Place butter into a medium saucepan over medium heat. Once melted whisk in flour, and pepper until smooth and bubbly. Slowly whisk in chicken broth. Increase heat to high whisking broth until thickened. Reduce heat to low and stir in 1 1/2 cups cheese. Stir in hot sauce. Reduce heat to a simmer and set aside.
Place reserved 2 tablespoons bacon drippings back to cast iron skillet. Stir in cooked rice. Add chicken and cheese sauce, mixing to combine. Top with 1 cup cheddar cheese then top with crumbled cooked bacon. Place under oven's broiler for 3-5 minutes until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
More Delicious Dinners