Try this delicious recipe!
Servings: Serves 12–15
- 2 pounds (about 5 to 6) Idaho potatoes , peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup heavy cream , brought to a boil and kept warm
- 6 tablespoons butter
- Salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup chives , additional for garnish
- 4 slices bacon
In a large saucepan place, cover the chopped potatoes with cold water and bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and cook until potatoes are very tender when stabbed with a fork, about 15 minutes. Drain well. Return to the saucepan and add the cream and butter. With a hand mixer, blend until just smooth (do not over-whip).
Fry the bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towels. When cool enough to handle, crumble into 1/4-inch pieces, set aside. Add 1/2 cup cheddar cheese and the chives. Garnish with the remaining cheddar cheese and additional chives and bacon. Season generously with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Printed from Oprah.com on May 24, 2013
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.