Try this delicious recipe!
Servings: Makes about 18 sticks
- 1 loaf challah or brioche , crust removed
- 6 tablespoons butter , melted
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons dried onion
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
Preheat oven to 400°. Cut bread lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick slices, then lay slices flat and cut into 1/2-inch-wide lengths, about 7 to 8 inches long. Lay on a baking sheet lined with foil and brush bread with butter.
Combine sesame and poppy seeds, onion, cheese, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle seed mixture carefully onto challah, pressing slightly into bread so mixture sticks. Bake 7 to 8 minutes, then turn over and toast an additional 4 to 5 minutes, until sticks are golden brown. Remove from oven and cool on rack. Serve warm or at room temperature with salads, soups or creamy dips.
Printed from Oprah.com on December 5, 2013
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.