Servings: Makes about 18 sticks
- 1 loaf challah or brioche , crust removed
- 6 tablespoons butter , melted
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons dried onion
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
Preheat oven to 400°. Cut bread lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick slices, then lay slices flat and cut into 1/2-inch-wide lengths, about 7 to 8 inches long. Lay on a baking sheet lined with foil and brush bread with butter.
Combine sesame and poppy seeds, onion, cheese, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle seed mixture carefully onto challah, pressing slightly into bread so mixture sticks. Bake 7 to 8 minutes, then turn over and toast an additional 4 to 5 minutes, until sticks are golden brown. Remove from oven and cool on rack. Serve warm or at room temperature with salads, soups or creamy dips.