- Sea salt
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium celery roots , peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 stalks celery , chopped
- 1 large onion , chopped
- 2 quarts faux chicken or vegetable broth (try Better than Bouillon brand)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup thick Cashew Cream
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 unpeeled Granny Smith apple , very finely diced
- Chive oil
Add the celery root, celery, and onion and sauté for 6 to 10 minutes, stirring often, until soft but not brown. Add the stock and bay leaf, bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Add the Cashew Cream and simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
Working in batches, pour the soup into a blender, cover the lid with a towel (the hot liquid tends to erupt), and blend on high. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Ladle into bowls. Place a spoonful of the diced apple in the center of each serving, drizzle the Chive Oil around the apple, and serve.