Spicy grilled shrimp pair perfectly with a fresh, fruity and summery chilled gazpacho.
Get the menu for Cat Cora's backyard party
- 3 cups seeded, chopped honeydew melon
- 3 cups seeded, chopped watermelon
- ½ cup finely chopped seedless cucumber
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion
- 7 Tbsp. lime juice, divided, from 4 limes
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. kosher salt, divided
- 1 small red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and finely chopped (about ¾ cup)
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and finely chopped (about ¾ cup)
- 1 jalapeño, stemmed and finely chopped (for less heat, remove the seeds)
- 1 rib celery, finely chopped
- 8 (6-inch) wooden skewers
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- ¼ tsp. cayenne
- 16 medium shrimp (about ¾ pound), peeled and deveined, tails left on
- ½ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
Active time: 45 minutes
Total time: 1¾ hours
Puree honeydew and watermelon in a blender until smooth; transfer to a large bowl. Stir in cucumber, onion, 3 Tbsp. lime juice, parsley, mint, vinegar, 1½ tsp. salt, bell peppers, jalapeño, and celery. Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
Preheat grill to medium-high heat, and soak wooden skewers in water 20 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together remaining 4 Tbsp. lime juice, oil, chili powder, cayenne, and remaining 1½ tsp. salt. Add shrimp and toss well, then set aside to marinate 10 minutes; drain and thread 2 shrimp onto each of the 8 skewers. Grill, flipping once, until just cooked through and pink, 3 to 4 minutes total; transfer to a plate.
Pour gazpacho into 8 small glasses or bowls and garnish each with a dollop of yogurt and a sprinkling of cilantro. Arrange a shrimp skewer across the rim of each glass and serve.
Per serving: 112 calories, 4 grams fat, 5 grams protein, 16 grams carbohydrates.