- 1/3 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 medium bananas , halved lengthwise, sliced crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups 1 percent milk
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cup 1/2-inch cubed French bread
In a medium nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. When frothy, add banana slices and cook, stirring frequently, until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Remove skillet from heat and add brown sugar and reserved rum. Return skillet to heat and cook until rum evaporates, about 30 seconds. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk milk, eggs, granulated sugar, and cinnamon until blended. Stir in bread cubes. Let mixture stand 15 minutes, gently stirring a few times.
Spray four 8-ounce ramekins with cooking spray. Stir raisins into bread mixture. Spoon half of bread mixture among ramekins. Spoon half of bananas over top. Repeat with remaining bread mixture and bananas. Bake until puffed and golden, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool; serve warm or at room temperature.