Cara Cara Orange, Arugula, and Vidalia Onion Salad
Slices of Cara Cara orange and sweet Vidalia onion get tangled up in an arugula salad, tossed with crimson pomegranate seeds and snowy ricotta salata cheese.
This recipe is part of our meal celebrating winter's tastiest fruit
You may substitute any available oranges for the Cara Cara oranges.
Servings: Serves 2–4
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice plus more lemon juice to taste
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 bunches arugula or about 4 ounces baby arugula
- 1 large Cara Cara orange , peel and pith removed, sliced crosswise
- 1/2 Vidalia onion , peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 pound ricotta salata , thinly shaved
- 4 Tbsp. pomegranate seeds
- 2 Tbsp. mint leaves
In a small bowl, combine oil and lemon juice to make a dressing. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Place arugula in a medium bowl and toss with dressing. Transfer to a serving platter; top with orange slices, onion slices, and ricotta salata. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and mint leaves; serve.
Printed from Oprah.com on June 19, 2013
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.