- 7 portobello mushrooms , cleaned
- Extra-virgin olive oil to cover
- 12 garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp. paprika
- 2 Tbsp. Celtic sea salt
- 2 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. onion powder
- 1 Tbsp. black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano leaves
- 1 Tbsp. dried thyme
- 2 ripe avocados , peeled and pitted
- 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise (try Vegenaise)
- Juice of 2 limes
- Salt and pepper to taste
Poach in the oven at 170° for 3 hours. Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients in a dish to make the Cajun rub.
Remove the mushrooms from the oven. Remove from the oil and pat dry. Slice on a bias into 1/4-inch fillets. Rub the Cajun rub into the fillets and grill until heated through.
To make the Avocado Cream: Combine all the ingredients in a blender until smooth.
To assemble: Garnish the Portobello Fillets with the Avocado Cream and serve.