Café Muse's Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Recipe courtesy of Greg Reyner at Café Muse
June 02, 2008
This recipe is a gourmet twist on an old favorite—there’s no cheddar cheese in sight for chef Greg Reyner!
Servings: Serves 1
- 1 slice Havarti cheese
- 1 slice mozzarella cheese
- 1 slice Danish fontina cheese
- 1/2 Tbsp. butter , softened (for best results, use high-quality butter)
- Honey from a squeeze bear bottle
- 1 tsp. fresh basil , chopped
- 2 slices tomato
- 2 slices bread (organic multigrain bread works best)
- Sauté pan large enough for 2 slices of bread
Butter bread on one side with melted butter. Place in pan, butter side down, over medium-low heat. Place mozzarella on one half of the bread and fontina and Havarti on the other. Cook until golden on bottom and cheese begins to melt. Place tomato on mozzarella side and honey on fotina/Havarti side. Place under broiler for a few minutes to heat up tomato. Sprinkle basil and assemble sandwich.
Printed from Oprah.com on May 25, 2013
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.