Servings: Makes 4 servings
- 4 large cabbage leaves
- 4 (8-ounce) skinless salmon fillets
- 2 cups white wine
- 1 medium carrot , cut into matchsticks
- 1 large leek , white part only, cut into matchsticks
- 1 small zucchini , cut into matchsticks
- 2 Roma or plum tomatoes , seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- Kitchen string
- 1 lemon , quartered
In a large stock pot, bring 2 quarts of water to a boil. Blanch cabbage leaves for 1 to 2 minutes; set aside to cool.
Season salmon with salt and pepper and set aside.
In a large bowl, mix carrots, leeks, zucchini, tomatoes, shallots, parsley, and tarragon; season lightly with salt and pepper. Place one salmon fillet in each cabbage leaf and surround it with several spoonfuls of seasoned vegetables. Gently fold cabbage around salmon and vegetables to create a packet. Tie closed with kitchen string.
In a large pot with a steaming basket insert, bring wine to a boil.
Place salmon packets in steaming basket; cook 5 minutes. Remove packets from pot, snip off kitchen string, and serve with lemon wedges.