Try this delicious recipe!
Servings: Serves 4 to 6
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion , chopped (about 2 cups)
- 2 butternut squashes , peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage , plus 8 to 18 leaves for garnish
- 4 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- Vegetable oil , for frying
In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook until translucent, 8 to 10 minutes. Add squash; cook 5 more minutes. Add chopped sage and broth; bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and cook until squash is very tender, about 30 minutes. With an immersion blender, puree soup until smooth (or puree in small batches in a food processor fitted with knife blade). Season to taste with salt and pepper.
In a small pan, heat 1/2 inch vegetable oil until hot. Drop sage leaves in about 3 at a time and fry until just crisp; remove to a paper-towel-lined plate. Serve soup hot, garnished with 2 or 3 sage leaves per bowl.
Printed from Oprah.com on December 12, 2013
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.