Servings: Serves 6
- 1 small onion , diced
- 10 cloves garlic , crushed or minced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. red pepper flakes
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 pork tenderloin (about 2 pounds), butterflied or 1 pork shoulder (4 pounds), cut in half, brined
Preheat the oven to 350°.
Prepare the run by combining the onion, garlic, thyme, rosemary, oil, red pepper flakes, black pepper and vinegar in a bowl. Stir to mix well.
Remove the pork from the brine. Discard the brine.
On a half sheet pan with a rack, place the pork, and coat with the rub.
Place the pork in the oven on the lowest rack.
After 25 minutes, turn the pork over and cook for an additional 20 minutes, or until a meat thermometer registers 160°.
Let the pork rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Note: If using a pork shoulder, for a crispy skin turn the broiler on high and place the pork under the flame until the desired color is achieved.
Back to the Family © 2007 by Thomas Nelson Publishers.