- 1 cup dry red wine
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 4 large cloves crushed garlic
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 Tbsp. slightly bruised fresh rosemary leaves or 1 Tbsp. dried
- 1 Tbsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 butterflied leg of lamb (4 to 5 pounds)
Prepare hot coals for grilling. Drain the meat, reserving the marinade. Grill the lamb 4 inches above the hot coals, basting frequently with the marinade, about 20 minutes on each side. Check the lamb for doneness frequently after 30 minutes' grilling. Cut the lamb into very thin slices, and serve immediately.
Recipe from The Silver Palate Cookbook by Julee Rosso and Sheila Lukins. Copyright © 1982 by Julee Rosso and Sheila Lukins. Excerpted by permission of Workman Publishing. All rights reserved. No part of this excerpt may be reproduced or reprinted without permission in writing from the publisher.