- 1/2 cup chopped and toasted walnuts
- 2 heads butter lettuce , rinsed and spun dry, then placed back into the refrigerator to keep the leaves cold
- 1 Tbsp. shallots , finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 cup feta cheese , crumbled
- Pomegranate seeds to sprinkle on top of the salad (if pomegranates are not in season, you can use dried cranberries or cherries)
- 2 Tbsp. Italian parsley , finely chopped
Place the butter lettuce in a salad bowl.
In a small bowl, add the shallots, Dijon mustard, olive oil, lemon juice, rice wine vinegar and apple cider vinegar and whisk together well until all of the ingredients are emulsified.
Sprinkle salt over the lettuce, then pour 5 tablespoons of the dressing over the lettuce and gently toss. Taste, and if you feel the salad is too dry and needs more dressing, add 1 tablespoon at a time.
Evenly distribute the lettuce among 4 to 6 plates and garnish with feta cheese, pomegranate seeds, parsley and walnuts. Serve with a piece of crusty sour dough baguette that you have warmed in the oven at 350° for 5 minutes. Serve immediately.