- 3 lemons
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chestnut honey
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves , chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 pound fresh chestnuts
- 2 containers (10 ounces each) fresh Brussels sprouts , trimmed
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
To prepare vegetables: With a paring knife, cut an X in flat side of each chestnut shell. In a saucepan, cover chestnuts with water and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain chestnuts. When cool enough to handle but still warm, peel chestnuts.
With tip of paring knife, make a shallow X in bottom of each Brussels sprout. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add Brussels sprouts and cook until tender, about 6 minutes. Drain and run under cold water until cool.
In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add chestnuts and sprouts; season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook, turning occasionally with a spatula, until vegetables are browned, 15 to 20 minutes. With a slotted spoon, remove vegetables to a large serving platter. Whisk dressing and drizzle 1/4 cup over vegetables.