Try this delicious recipe!
Servings: Serves 7
- 21 slices batard or good French bread , sliced 1 inch thick
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup goat cheese , softened
- 1 cup Olive Tapenade (recipe follows)
- 1 cup roasted peppers , store-bought
- 7 white anchovies
- 1/2 cup garlic aioli
- 7 pedals Confit Tomatoes (recipe follows)
- 7 slices Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup nicoise olives , pitted
- 1 cup small green French olives (picholine), pitted
- 1/4 cup Oven-Dried Tomatoes , drained (recipe follows)
- 1 Tbsp. capers
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 anchovy fillet
- 1/2 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 Tbsp. chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 Tbsp. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4 Tbsp. chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 medium Roma tomatoes (2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil , plus additional as needed
- 1 tsp. minced fresh thyme leaves
- 6 cloves garlic , crushed
- 1/2 tsps. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
Lightly oil the bread on both sides and grill.
Rub the bread with the garlic cloves.
Spread soft goat cheese on 7 pieces of bread and top with Olive Tapenade.
Spread soft goat cheese on 7 pieces of bread and top with roasted peppers and white anchovies.
Spread garlic aioli on 7 pieces of bread. Place Confit Tomatoes on top and then Parmesan.
Drizzle olive oil and aged balsamic vinegar on each piece.
For Confit Tomatoes
Blanch tomatoes in boiling salted water for 15 seconds. Shock in ice water.
Peel and quarter tomatoes and remove the seeds with a knife. Place on a sheet pan; cover halfway with olive oil.
Season each piece with salt and sugar. Roast in a 225° oven for 20 minutes.
For Black and Green Olive Tapenade
In a food processor, combine all the ingredients, except the olive oil. Using the pulse button, process until coarsely chopped and well blended. Continue to process, slowly adding the olive oil. Refrigerate in a covered container. Spread on homemade croutons.
Makes 1 heaping cup.
For Oven-Dried Tomatoes
Preheat the oven to 250°.
In a pot of boiling water, blanch tomatoes. Drain and refresh in ice water. Drain. Peel, core, cut into quarters and remove seeds.
Line a baking tray with parchment paper and arrange the tomato quarters on the tray, cut side down. Drizzle generously with olive oil. Sprinkle with thyme and garlic. In a small bowl, combine salt, pepper and sugar, and sprinkle evenly over the tomatoes.
Bake until the tomatoes begin to shrivel, about 1 hour. When the tomatoes are cool enough to handle, transfer to a container. Pour olive oil over and cover the container. Refrigerate and use as needed.
Makes 1 1/4 cups
Printed from Oprah.com on May 21, 2013
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.