Prepare your fresh pineapple slices on the grill or in the broiler. Serve immediately with the warm butter-rum sauce.
Servings: Serves 8
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Myers's Rum or other dark rum
- Pinch each of allspice and cinnamon and nutmeg
- 8 slices (1-inch thick) ripe pineapple
Combine the butter, sugar, rum, allspice, cinnamon and nutmeg in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring until the butter is melted and the sugar is dissolved. Simmer 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce becomes slightly syrupy and coats the back of a spoon.
Meanwhile, preheat the broiler. Place the pineapple slices on the rack of a broiling pan. Broil the pineapple until caramelized, 8 to 10 minutes on each side.
Transfer the pineapple slices to a plate and serve immediately with the warm sauce.
Printed from Oprah.com on May 18, 2013
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.