Try this delicious recipe!
Servings: Makes 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon honey , slightly warmed
- 1 pint strawberries , hulled and quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup soy milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 slices whole grain wheat bread
To prepare the strawberries, in a medium bowl, mix honey with 2 teaspoons water; stir until dissolved. Add strawberries and vanilla; mix and set aside.
To make French toast, preheat broiler. Spray a baking sheet with vegetable spray and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except bread; mix well. Dip bread into egg mixture, let excess drip off, and place bread on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining bread (don't overlap). Broil on each side until golden brown, about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Remove and serve with strawberries on top.
Printed from Oprah.com on December 10, 2013
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.