Servings: Makes 4 servings
- 1/4 cup miso paste
- 1 small clove garlic , minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 pounds asparagus , bottoms trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Pinch of salt
Preheat broiler. In a medium bowl, combine miso paste with garlic, ginger, lime juice, pepper flakes, and 1 tablespoon boiling water. Stir well and set aside.
Toss asparagus with olive oil and salt. Place on a baking sheet and set on a rack 6 inches from broiler. Broil 3 minutes, then remove from heat. Toss asparagus with miso mixture and place back under broiler. Broil until tender and slightly charred, 3 to 5 minutes.