- 3 bunches (1-pound) broccoli rabe , stems separated and trimmed
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic , chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Pinch of grated nutmeg
Stir broccoli rabe into boiling water and cook 3 minutes, or until just tender. Drain and transfer to bowl of ice water. Let stand until cool. Drain and set aside.
In a 12-inch skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until golden brown. Add broccoli rabe and cook, stirring occasionally, until broccoli is hot, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in salt, pepper and nutmeg.