- One cup of broccoli has 30 calories.
- Along with all other veggies in the cruciferous family, broccoli is important because it contains natural substances that may help the body fight certain cancers.
- Broccoli also helps heal kids' cuts and wounds—it's a particularly good source of vitamin C.
- And, for a vegetable, broccoli can't be beat in helping build strong bones and teeth (it's one of the best nondairy sources of calcium—better absorbed by the body than spinach).
- You can hide broccoli in my recipe for Chicken Nuggets.
Published on January 15, 2006