This simple Rachael Ray appetizer blends the strong flavors of beef with the tangy flavors of lemon and Parmesan. Yum-o!
Servings: Makes 24
- 24 rounds from a sliced ' ' store-bought baguette
- 2 cloves garlic , peeled and cut in half
- 8 slices bresaola , air-dried beef
- 3 to 4 cups triple-washed baby arugula
- 1 lemon , juiced
- Extra-virgin olive oil , EVOO, for liberal drizzling
- Salt and pepper
- 1 hunk Parmigiano Reggiano
Toast the bread rounds. While the bread is toasting, toss the arugula in a medium bowl with lemon juice, a liberal drizzle of EVOO, salt and pepper. As soon as the toasts come out of the oven, rub them with cut garlic. The bread must be warm to get the full taste of the garlic. Slice the bresaola into thirds across. Top the crostini with a piece of thinly sliced bresaola. Place a small mound of the arugula on top of the beef and garnish with some shaved Parmigiano Reggiano using a vegetable peeler.
* For more information about Rachael Ray, visit www.rachaelrayshow.com.