- 4 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 pounds tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 2 Tbsp. capers, drained
- Kosher salt
- 4 skinless mahimahi or sea bass fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 tsp. finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
Active time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
In a large, heavy skillet, heat 3 Tbsp. oil over low heat. Add garlic and anchovies and cook, stirring frequently and mashing anchovies, about 2 minutes, or until garlic is soft but not browned. Stir in red pepper flakes. Add tomatoes, wine, olives, and capers. Increase heat to medium and simmer gently, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes, or until tomatoes have broken down. Season to taste with salt.
Season fish with salt, and lay gently in the sauce. Drizzle fillets with remaining 1 Tbsp. oil. Cover and simmer gently over low heat 7 to 10 minutes, or until fish is just cooked through and still moist. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
More Fish Recipes