Try this delicious recipe!
Servings: Makes 6 servings
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 pounds boneless lamb shoulder , cut into small cubes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 large onion , diced
- 2 carrots , peeled and thinly sliced
- 6 cloves garlic , chopped
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 cup beef broth
- 4 sprigs rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- Zest of 2 oranges and 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 can cooked cannelloni beans , drained and rinsed
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a large Dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add lamb and season with salt and pepper. Brown on all sides, stirring as needed for 10–12 minutes. Add onion and carrots and cook for 4 more minutes. Add garlic and continue to stir for 30 seconds. Add wine, broth, rosemary, bay leaf, orange zest, and juice. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to simmer and cover.
Cook for 2 1/2 hours, until meat is fork tender and beginning to pull apart. Remove bay leaf; add beans and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper and serve with warm chunks of bread.
Printed from Oprah.com on December 4, 2013
© 2010 Harpo Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.