- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 2 1/4 cups warm water
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter room temperature
- vegetable oil for greasing
- 2 pints (5 or 6 cups) blueberries
Grease a large bowl and 2 baking sheets with oil; set baking sheets aside. Scrape dough into bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 400°. Halve dough, and place 1 piece on each baking sheet. Stretch out slightly, until dough forms a 1-inch-thick oval; cover with greased plastic wrap. Let rise again about 1 hour.
With greased fingers, dimple surface of loaf; sprinkle each with 1 pint berries and 1/4 cup brown sugar each. Bake until golden brown, 30 to 35 minutes, rotating once. Slice and serve warm.