- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) chilled unsalted butter , cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups fresh blueberries , picked over
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter , cut into pieces
To make filling: In a large bowl, stir together sugar and flour until well mixed. Gently stir in blueberries, lemon rind and lemon juice. Pour mixture into pie crust, then dot top with pieces of butter.
Sprinkle crumb topping evenly over top of pie. Reduce oven temperature to 350°; place pie in oven and bake until topping is golden brown, 40 to 45 minutes. Remove to a wire rack; let cool completely before serving with a dollop of vanilla ice cream.