Makes 2 (8") logs.
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 pound Danish blue cheese, crumbled
- 4 Tbsp. (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 3 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 to 3 Tbsp. bourbon
- 2 Tbsp. finely grated yellow or white onion
- 1 tsp. Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups roasted, salted pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- Crackers, for serving
Active Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 3 hours, including chilling
In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, blue cheese, butter, Worcestershire, bourbon, onion, Tabasco, salt, and pepper with an electric mixer on medium speed until well-combined, about 1 minute. Cover and chill until firm, about 2 hours.
Arrange pumpkin seeds in a wide, shallow dish. Form half the cheese mixture into an 8" log and gently roll in pumpkin seeds to coat. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and set on a plate. Repeat process with remaining cheese mixture and pumpkin seeds and chill until ready to serve. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before serving, unwrap, and arrange on a platter with crackers.
More Holiday Recipes from Dream Away Lodge