- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter , softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cups cake flour (not self-rising)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup loosely packed, finely shredded basil leaves
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- Confectioners' sugar
- Spring fresh basil
- 3 pink grapefruits, peeled and cut into segments, saving juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch mixed with 2 teaspoons water
To make the filling, preheat oven to 375°F. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring cream, milk, and basil just to a boil. Remove pan from heat, cover, and steep 10 minutes.
Place chocolate in a medium bowl. Pour cream mixture through a strainer over chocolate and whisk until smooth. Let cool 10 minutes, then whisk in egg.
Pour chocolate into tart shell and bake 20 minutes or until filling is just beginning to set.
Remove to a wire rack and let cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar and garnish with basil sprig.
Meanwhile, to make the honey grapefruit sauce, chop grapefruit segments into small pieces, saving juice. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring fruit, reserved juices, and honey to a boil. Add cornstarch mixture and boil 1 minute or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat, transfer to a bowl, and let cool to room temperature. Serve with tart (or with Lemon Créme Fraîche Cake).