Servings: Serves 6
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 small heads Bibb lettuce , washed, dried, and torn into bite-size pieces
- 6 tablespoons Walnut and Late Harvest Riesling Dressing
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 ounces blue cheese , such as Maytag, crumbled
- 2 ripe Anjou pears , peeled, cored, and cut into matchstick-size pieces
Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350°F.
Spread the pecans on a sheet pan and bake until heated, about 5 minutes. Stir together the corn syrup and honey in a small bowl. Pour the syrup over the nuts and toss to coat evenly. Bake until the nuts have absorbed most of the syrup and are glazed, about 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool slightly. Separate the pecans that are sticking together and cool completely.
Toss the lettuce with the dressing in a large bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper. Divide among 6 plates. Sprinkle equal amounts of the cheese, pears, and nuts over the top of each salad. Serve immediately.