- 2 pounds ground beef, 80 percent lean
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. ground fennel seed
- 1/2 cup dried bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh oregano (or 1 tsp. dried)
- 1 cup fresh ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Preheat oven to 450°. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl and stir until combined.
Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish. Roll mixture into golf-ball-size meatballs, packing them firmly (wet hands to prevent meat from sticking; alternatively, you can use an ice cream scoop). Place meatballs in baking dish in even rows so they're touching.
Bake until meatballs are cooked through, about 20 minutes. Let rest 5 minutes, then serve.
Keep Reading: How to make the perfect meatballs
More Meatball Recipes (Plus What to Serve on the Side)