- 3/4 pound white potatoes , peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups thinly sliced leeks (white and pale green portions)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) clam broth
- 2 pints heavy cream or 3 cups cream and 1 cup milk
- 2 pounds bay scallops or sea scallops , cut in half horizontally
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 8 sprigs dill
In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add leeks and cook 3 minutes, until softened. Add wine and clam broth. Increase heat to medium-high; boil 10 minutes or until mixture is reduced by half. Add cream, reduce heat to low, and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add potatoes and simmer 7 minutes. Add scallops and simmer 3 minutes (5 to 6 minutes for sea scallops), just until opaque (do not boil). Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Garnish with parsley, paprika and a sprig of dill.